Can we talk about how it’s November already? Just the other day I was looking for my bathing suit to celebrate the first day of Summer, and now I’m putting together gift guides for Black Friday?!? And in the middle of all of this, I stopped working in the wonderful world of PR, went back to school and feel dazed about everything in between. So, I wanted to take a step back and reflect on the some of the major things going on in my life and my random thoughts with you.
- I no longer work in Marketing…. What??? If you remember, I left my rigid-school/life path from law school to go into Marketing. And to be honest, things were going pretty great. I had leveled up to an Account Manager, I had put together events for clients and even traveled on their behalf. But then came the news that the Financial company I was hired on with LOST THEIR FUNDING. Ironic, isn’t it? But, sometimes that’s life.
- I went back to school! No, it wasn’t because I had lost my job. I had actually applied last year and was planning to take class by class, slowly creeping my way to graduation. However, when I got the news that I no longer would be a full-time employee, I quickly made a call to my school counselor who advised me to just amend my schedule to a full-time student.
- Also, in case you didn’t know, I get to go back to school with all my best friends. YAYYYY. Well, sort of. In a world full of ironic humor you find out that your best friend got into Pharmaceutical school, the other is finishing her Master’s in Nursing, the guy you date is finishing up classes for PA school, and well, here I am getting my MBA. And because they are all so close to home, we can still have study sessions like the good ol’ days.
- This past year, I have to so many weddings! Like, a lot. I heard it’s what happens when you enter your mid-twenties but boy is it much more of an experience when you actually pack up every month for a new horOaah. But, all-in-all, I wish them all love and laughter for many, many years. HEART.
- In case you haven’t been following along, I decided to take my health more seriously this year and even though I saw some physical improvements, I still felt slumpish. Drag. So, I’ve been giving myself some more time to focus on the other side of health – you know, that self-development part. Now you if you catch me reading a book like “Girl, Stop Apologizing,” you know why.
- And can we talk about Halloween! I rarely feel myself, but man oh man! I was Selena and I was LIVING off those compliments. From the purple jumpsuit to the bangs, I was COMMITTED.
- And in the world of “Ashley likes to stress herself out,” I have been taking German classes. Random. Actually, not really. I took German in school because had I tested out of Spanish and needed another language to graduate. French and Italian were filled up and the lesser of two classes, German or Arabic, seemed to be German. I will toot my horn because I was able to understand a full on movie. But now, I can barely say hello. And well, Garrett has been committed to learning Spanish, so why not join in on the ride with my own language journey.
- Oh and the last thought. One of the Halloween parties I went to had a Palm and Tarot reader. Apparently, I have worked hard (duh) and was going to do great (thank goodness!), but I really needed to have a little more fun with life (oh..). New Year’s Resolution, maybe?