Free Marketing Courses & Certifications to Take Advantage of During Quarantine || Layoffs have been an incredibly daunting reality this year. And in no way is the scare of COVID hitting your loved ones or the hurry of looking for child care making it any easier. So rest and quality time with friends and family is always my top choice to fill in those moments of free time. But if you find yourself looking for something else to do, I have a couple courses and certificates that might bring your resume to the top of the candidates list. (Only relatable if you are in the Marketing field.)
GOOGLE SKILLSHOP: CERTIFICATIONS
- Google My Business to create Online Listings
- The Google Analytics Individual Qualification covers basic and advanced Google Analytics concepts
- Google Marketing Platform Product Certifications identify qualified users who demonstrate the ability to perform critical tasks and workflows with Platform products
- Validate your proficiency with using and optimizing Shopping ads
- Showcase your ability to get results from YouTube and Google Video advertising solutions with a Google Ads Video Certificate
- Demonstrate your ability to measure and optimize digital ad performance using Google’s measurement solutions
- Validate your expertise using Google Display to deliver results that get the most from your display advertising investment
GOOGLE DIGITAL UNLOCKED
- Google Online Courses Full List
- Google Certificate: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Analytics Academy
- Google Marketing Platform by Themes
- Tour Creator makes it easy to build immersive, 360° tours right from your computer
** These services are specific to LA County, but I encourage you to research the many benefits your own local library system may offer.
Lynda offers hundreds of Marketing & Communications classes, including courses for other fields. I have linked only a few I have taken advantage of during this downtime that relates to Marketing.
- Marketing Foundations: Competitive Market Analysis
- Launch Your Product to the Press
- Content Marketing: Getting Your Content Published
- PR Foundations: Media Training
Or you can check out LinkedIn Learning directly to find even more courses dedicated to helping you kill it in your profession. (Not a part of the Lynda Complimentary Membership.)
OTHER COURSES & CERTIFICATIONS TO CONSIDER
- Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
- Grow your career and your business by completing free certifications and adding industry-recognized badges to your LinkedIn profile with HubSpot Academy
- Salesforce credentials grow your resume and highlight your skills. Prove your hands-on experience with Salesforce and get a competitive edge that leads to new opportunities.
- Facebook Blueprint courses are free. Choose from beginner lessons or expand your skills with advanced marketing concepts.
- SEMrush has been recognized by the search community across the globe, winning several accolades as the best SEO software suite. Seize the opportunity to become officially certified by an acclaimed company.
- Learn all you need to know about digital PR in one place. MyNewsDesk offers a free certification course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to the world of PR and communications.